Music fans, you have to watch this. Ed Sheeran performs an acoustic version of Fetty Wap’s “Trap Queen” with The Roots in The Tonight Show music room.
Give a listen, the first track from The Roots’ upcoming album And Then You Shoot Your Cousin.
It’s that time again! New month, new playlist. 23 tracks to kick your summer up a notch. New music from well known artists, Kings of Leon, Janelle Monae, John Mayer and more. And music for some bands you need to discover if you haven’t already like Jagwar Ma, Panama Wedding and Man Man. Hope you enjoy!
Another weekend and another Five For Friday.
- This Saturday at Vinyl inside the Hard Rock Hotel, Rival Sons, take the stage but add in Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown and Beware of Darkness and you’ve got a ridiculous night of music for $12.
- Bucket List For Music Fans – check THIS out.
- If you missed them earlier this week, check out the initial lineups for Bonnaroo and Firefly (they just added Jim James)
- Elvis Costello and The Roots to drop an album on April 20, Record Store Day. Thanks Jimmy Fallon for making this happen!
- Mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 6 and join me at Downtown Cocktail Room for a great night of music and the second installment of the Life Is Beautiful – Downtown Las Vegas Music Showcase! Show starts at 7 p.m.
Just released today, the lineup for the Hangout Music Festival in Gulf Shoes, Alabama taking place May 17-19. Take a look (and one headliner still to be announced).
Music aficionados let me break it down like this. You all know and love the song “The Seed” on The Roots’ Phrenology but guess what, it’s not originally their song. Who’s song is it? Cody ChesnuTT’s, that’s who and he’s a super talented musician you are missing out on (I encourage you to listen to The Headphone Masterpiece).
What does this have to do with anything you ask? CC is looking to fund his new album Landing On A Hundred via the crowd funding website, Kickstarter. He’s halfway to reaching his goal and there are a whole bunch of different pledge levels to receive some really great rewards including tickets to a show of your choice, autographed CDs/Records, meet and greets and more. You’ve got 30 days left, ready, go.