The Allman Brothers Band, one of the bands that made me love music the way I do (also the band that sings my favorite song of all time). Last week it was Gregg Allman who descended upon Las Vegas and setup shop at Pearl at Palms for a night. I can honestly say that the show was fantastic and a tip of the hat to Allman for delivering a heck of a performance for everyone in attendance. Check out my review in the new issue of Vegas SEVEN.
Just before 2012 ended I had the opportunity to see The Black Keys in concert, yet again. This time at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel on New Year’s Eve weekend. Check out my review of night one which ran in the most recent issue of Vegas SEVEN.
For the record, I’ll never pass on a chance to see The Black Keys in concert. Each show may be very similar in comparison but seeing them in front of 80,000 screaming fans or 400, they sound just as good and you never leave disappointed.
Last weekend I headed over to Mandalay Bay for the Bob Dylan concert; figured I hadn’t seen him live in a while and this may be the last time I get to see him live. With Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits fame serving as the opening act, it was a double billing of great music. Check out my review which ran in the November 1 issue of Vegas SEVEN.
Oh what a show it was last week at Vinyl inside the Hard Rock Hotel. Having seen Robert Randolph perform numerous times, I knew what I was getting into but this show was by far the best I’ve been too, it was flat out awesome. See below or click HERE for my review which appears in the September 27 issue of Vegas SEVEN.
What can I say except I’m a huge fan of Grouplove and I have been for some time. Having had the chance to see them perform live several times, I’m excited to see them next week out here in Las Vegas and to make it even more special, I had the opportunity to chat with Christian Zucconi to preview the concert in the new issue of Vegas SEVEN. The issue dropped today and you can click HERE or see below.
Hope to see everyone at the show, it’s going to be a great one and Christian promised a jump in the pool following the last song!
Late night edition.
- Robert Randolph once again rocked the house last night at Vinyl inside the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas. Look out for my show review in the 9.27 issue of Vegas SEVEN.
- Keeping on the Hard Rock and Vinyl, besides The Smith Center, I think the best sounding room in Vegas may be the brand new, intimate venue. Definitely looking forward to catching more shows at Vinyl.
- Still find myself listening to the DMB Away From The World disc nonstop. Can’t get enough, it keep bringing me back to the great years. Thank you Steve Lillywhite.
- New Music Tuesday is going to be a great one as Mumford & Sons drop Babel! But before that, tune into Saturday Night Live!
- Get ready for a fun, fun, fun post of My New Music next week. All I’ll hint at is get ready for a little Thunder Clatter!
A week ago I had the chance to see Florence + The Machine at the BLVD Pool at The Cosmopolitan. This was the second time I have seen Florence and I have to say this time was a whole lot better. See below for my review which appears in the April 26 issue of Vegas SEVEN or click here for a link to the story online.
On December 23 I had the pleasure of catching Allen Stone in concert out in Las Vegas and here is my review of the show as it appears in the January 5, 2012 issue of Vegas SEVEN. Hope this makes you want to see him live, I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Check it out, I had the opportunity to review G. Love & Special Sauce last week at the Silverton. My review appears in the July28 issue of Vegas SEVEN. Hope you enjoy it!