England in August anyone? For me, this lineup is ridiculously awesome.
That Festival in Delaware, yeah Firefly has done it again with another solid lineup. From top to bottom fans should be jacked up about this one. Lots and lots of great up and coming bands. This is the week after Bonnaroo (which drops its lineup today too) so expect to see many similar artists.
If you want to watch the video, check it out below but just a warning, it is looooong.
Another year of GRAMMY Awards have come and gone. So much great music highlighted from the past year and of course a ton of great performances. I’m also a fan of LL Cool J as the host, hopefully they bring him back for a third year. So how about some ramblings from the show.
- If you’ve ever seen Bruno Mars live you know what to expect from him and his band but their performance was just sick. Sting singing a verse to “Locked Out of Heaven,” finally a tip of the hat to the Police influenced track and Rihanna joining the party with Ziggy and Damian Marley for a great tribute to Bob Marley. My favorite performance of the night.
- Wow, what a great way to pay tribute to the late, great Levon Helm. Elton John, Mumford & Sons, Mavis Staples, Zac Brown, Alabama Shakes singer Brittany Howard and T Bone Burnett, wonderful performance.
- Justin Timberlake with the band and orchestra, a tip of the hat and that I have to say overshadowed Jay-Z guesting for me.
- How cool was the rain during the fun. performance? So stoked to see those guys jump to stardom but every time I see Nate Ruess I am reminded of The Format, man do I miss that band.
- Mumford & Sons, well at least the escalated from that rickety little stage from a couple years ago.
- The Lumineers I sure hope they are the Mumford of two years ago and just reach new heights after the GRAMMY Awards. Let’s see how many units they move in the next week.
- The Black Keys with Dr. John and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band was just simply rocking. Seen Dan Auerbach and Dr. John together but that collection of musicians, whoa.
- Ed Sheeran getting to share the stage with Elton John, well done young man.
- Jack White, a tip of the hat to you!
- Frank Ocean, wish they would have had him perform earlier in the show.
- LL Cool J, Chuck D, Z-Trip and Travis Barker – I’d love to see an entire concert with these four.
- Was there an over/under on how many times they would show Taylor Swift? And is there one song she didn’t sing along to?
- Is it odd that I thought of The Hunger Games when they showed Carrie Underwood’s dress? All it needed to do was catch fire!
- Anyone else think John Mayer in the purple tux belonged in Alice in Wonderland and could have fit in the Taylor Swift performance?
- I guess people know who Miguel is now. A tip of the hat to @TonyDasco who’s been all about Miguel for two plus years.
- Prince, he’s got to be up to something if he made an appearance. I just wonder what. I remember when he had his residency in Vegas, he would show up to one of the nightclubs I worked with an then have the curtains closed around him. Odd then, odd now but still one of the greatest musicians/performers ever.
- Did Kimbra and her ‘I’m not sure what she was wearing’ rival Bjork and her swan dress?
- The other performances, meh. Or did I miss a great one?
Oh and the awards. Here you go.
Busy Tuesday morning in Festival land where Sasquatch (Washington), Sweetlife (Maryland) and Shaky Knees (Georgia) all released their festival lineups! Take a look at the below lineup posters and start your festival road trip planning!
TGIF! Back with a new Five For Friday to get you through the weekend.
- If you didn’t see it yesterday, check out my post about the Rolling Stones surprise show in Paris yesterday where fans got to snag tickets for $20. Oh what I would have done to see that show! Fingers crossed I can find a way to get tickets for the shows in Jersey in December.
- Did you catch The Lumineers on Letterman earlier this week? Rolling Stone said the band “shined” but as much as I love the band, I have to say I was disappointed. Didn’t like the sound on this one.
- This weekend I get to see Bob Dylan in concert. Been quite a while since my last Dylan show and perhaps this may be the last. Either way, should be interesting and I’m going to relish every second of it.
- Gary Clark Jr.’s album Blak and Blu is awesome and you all need to listen to it pronto.
- Fall is in full swing but you don’t have to be. Here’s a song to brighten up your day from Ghost Beach – “Miracle” Viceroy remix.