Right in time for summer, here is another installment of Junes Tunes! The 2013 edition dives into Life is Beautiful. If you missed the playlist we put out right after announcing the lineup, click HERE. Featuring performers who will appear at the inaugural Life is Beautiful Festival, this list includes everyone from The Killers and Kings of Leon, Beck, Imagine Dragons, Pretty Lights, Empire of the Sun and Jurassic 5 down to Cayucas, HAIM, Family of the Year, Poolside, twenty one pilots and more! I hope you enjoy!
They just went on sale. Follow THIS link to get your tickets now! They start at $99.50 for two-day general admission. VIP tickets are $349.50. Travel packages are available as is an incredible package with Cirque du Soleil.
Hope you can join me this October for what’s sure to be an insane experience featuring The Killers, Kings of Leon, Beck, Imagine Dragons, Pretty Lights, Empire of the Sun, Passion Pit, Jurassic 5, Childish Gambino, Zedd, STS9, Purity Ring, Big Gigantic, Dawes, Danny Brown, Andrew McMahon, Earl Sweatshirt, The Joy Formidable, Charli XCX, Living Colour, Capital Cities, Haim, Youngblood Hawke, twenty one pilots, ZZ Ward, Poolside, Family of the Year, Robert DeLong, Wallpaper., Five Knives, Cayucas, Cosmic Suckerpunch and more!
TGIF, March Madness edition only because MUSE’s “Madness” is the official song for the NCAA coverage of the basketball pandemonium.
- Did you see that Prince is going on tour? Dropped in the evening a couple nights ago, dates appeared and if you live in Las Vegas, get set for four show opportunities (early and late show each night) April 26-27 at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- The Chicago Tribune leaked out a handful of acts/headliners for Lollapalooza this summer which includes Mumford & Sons, The Killers, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, The Postal Service and The National.
- Neon Reverb is going on this weekend in Las Vegas! Make sure to check out the schedule and head to Beauty Bar and The Bunkhouse for some awesome music.
- Shout out to American Eagle for using Wild Cub’s “Thunder Clatter” in their new video. Those fellas are about to blow up! Stoked for that to happen.
- Excited for Record Store Day? You should be. Check out all these releases that are coming on 4/20.
Well here we go, the final Friday in 2012!
- NYE Weekend in Las Vegas is always crazy but this year it is filled with an incredible line-up of music both in nightclubs and concert halls. Tonight it’s all about The Killers performing at The Cosmopolitan for me. Tomorrow, I’ll double-down on them. Sunday I’m heading to see The Black Keys – I’ve seen them in front of 400 people, 80,000 people and everything in between and the duo have yet to disappoint. Not a bad way to end the year with a few stellar shows.
- The Black Crowes announced a return from hiatus and will head out on tour next year!! And with that sadly comes the departure of lead guitarist Luther Dickinson but in his place comes the incredibly talented Jackie Greene who Chris Robinson had been touring with along with Bob Weir.
- Get ready for Festival line-up announcements which should start coming out in early January (Coachella) and February (Bonnaroo).
- Check out some of my music favorites from 2012 HERE.
- Lastly, I know there are a ton of Top XYZ lists on best albums, songs, newcomers, reissues, etc. so while there are just too many out there for me to list, here are 21 songs (hey that’s blackjack where I’m from) that I feel either a) defined the year in music or b) flew under the radar from the masses. In no particular order:
- Fun. – “Some Nights”
- The Lumineers – “Ho Hey”
- Of Monsters and Men – “Little Talks”
- Baywood – “I Can Breathe Again”
- Hospitality – “It’s Too Late”
- Wild Cub – “Thunder Clatter”
- Mumford & Sons – “I Will Wait”
- Chvrches – “The Mother We Share”
- Night Terrors of 1927 – “Dust and Bones”
- The Mowgli’s – “San Francisco”
- Frank Ocean – “Thinkin Bout You”
- San Cisco – “Awkward”
- Family of the Year – “The Stairs”
- Japandroids – “The House That Heaven Built”
- Kendrick Lamar – “Swimming Pools”
- Ghost Beach – “Miracle”
- Gorillaz ft. Andree 300 and James Murphy – “DoYaThing”
- Passion Pit – “I’ll Be Alright”
- Haim – “Forever”
- Alabama Shakes – “Hold On”
- Lord Huron – “Time To Run”
Here we go, time for another little playlist to help you Jump Into Fall! For October here are a bunch of tracks that are on constant rotation for me. Hope you enjoy and find some new tunes you like.
Thanks to the nifty little Spotify playlist button you can listen right here!
A day late I know but what the heck. New Music Tuesday for the second straight week was a powerful one. The Killers dropped Battle Born, Ryan Bingham – Tomorrowland, Wiz Khalifa – O.N.I.F.C, Ben Folds Five returned with The Sound Of the Life Of The Mind Out, Dinosaur Jr. – I Bet On Sky, Grizzly Bear – Shields, Martin Solveig – Smash, Ne_yo – R.E.D., Pink – The Truth About Love, Nelly Furtado – The Spirit Indestructible, and many others including Kanye West – Kanye West Presents Good Music Cruel Summer.
Seriously how much great music is coming out this fall? As for my two picks this week:
I’m a fan of The Killers outright so it’s no surprise that I like what I’ve listened to thus far on Battle Born. It’s what I expected and got to love how they always stay true to their home, Las Vegas! Also worth checking out is the short film Werner Herzog made while following the fellas leading up to the release.
Ryan Bingham, man what more can I say but this guy is just so damn good. Had the pleasure of seeing him in concert a couple times, interviewing him last year and I just can’t get enough of his music. Tomorrowland is the Ryan Bingham I remember first listening to when I discovered, Roadhouse Sun and then his first album Mescalito. I encourage everyone to give this disc a listen and get ready to rock out.