To help make sure you don’t get a case of the Monday’s, here’s a little Monday Happiness playlist for you! Hope you enjoy and find a few good reasons to smile, dance, laugh, daydream, have fun and get this week started off in a positive way.
Back with a Five For Friday that you should really pay attention to.
- If you are in Las Vegas tonight there is a rocking show set to take place at the Hard Rock Cafe on The Strip. Gold Fields, A Silent Film and Royal Teeth share the billing. Local band, American Cream opens the show at 8:30 p.m. If you want to hear some of the rising bands in music today, I highly encourage you to check this show out.
- Speaking of shows, there are a ton of SXSW artists rolling through town on their way to Austin. Beauty Bar has a solid lineup which includes David Wax Museum on Saturday evening. Also downtown tomorrow night is the Vegas Streats two-year anniversary party. Going to be a fun one!
- O.A.R. dropped dates on their upcoming summer tour which includes a powerful set of opening acts in Allen Stone and Andrew McMahon (Jack’s Mannequin and Something Corporate).
- Hangout Music Festival quietly added their third headliner, Stevie Wonder
- Mark your calendars for Sunday, April 7 as the next Life Is Beautiful Downtown Las Vegas Music Showcase takes place at Commonwealth.
“See how fans are teaming up with artists like Dave Matthews Band, Janelle Monae, O.A.R. and Guster to make concerts more sustainable. Sundance Film Festival filmmaker Destin Cretton turns the camera on how passion for the music and passion for the planet are leading to positive change.”
Quick little note to let you know that in support of their latest album, King, O.A.R. will be performing on Today on NBC, tomorrow, Thursday, October 6. Consider this your reminder to set the DVR on your TV.
First day of Fall which means it’s time for another DoYouHearTheMusic.com Playlist. Hope you enjoy the selections below and they help keep your spirits up beat as the temperature drops.
Young The Giant – “Cough Syrup”
The Cinema – “Kill It”
SuperHeavy – “Beautiful People”
Ximena Sarinana – “Different”
GROUPLOVE – “Lovely Cup”
Kassidy – “I Don’t Know”
Deer Tick – “Miss K”
Walk The Moon – “Tightrope”
O.A.R. – “Taking On The World Today”
Childish Gambino – “Bonfire”
J Cole – “Nobody’s Perfect” ft. Missy Elliot
Chancellor Warhol – “Wings”
NewVillager – “Rich Doors”
M83 – “Ok Pal”
The Rapture – “Miss You”
Girls – “Honey Bunny”
Maps & Atlases – “Israeli Caves”
What a glorious new music Tuesday it is with O.A.R. dropping their new album King. You can grab it on iTunes HERE.
Less than a month until O.A.R. releases King and August 2 can’t come soon enough. Here’s another track off the upcoming album, “Taking On The World Today” which has now become my latest music obsession. I also listened to the live version the band played at the Dave Matthews Band Caravan a couple weeks ago in Atlantic City and yeah, WINNER!
First day of July and heading into a festive holiday weekend, what a perfect time to unveil the DoYouHearTheMusic.com Summer Playlist. If you are a frequent visitor to the blog you should be familiar with a lot of the selections and quite candidly, these are the songs you should be listening to this summer. Without further adieu, the Summer Playlist:
The Dirty Guv’nahs – “Baby We Were Young”
GROUPLOVE – “Don’t Say Oh Well”
GIVERS – “Up Up Up”
Walk The Moon – “Anna Sun”
Young The Giant – “My Body”
The Apache Relay – “Lost Kid”
Mazes – “Summer Hits”
Friendly Fires – “Hawaiian Air”
Foster The People – “Warrant”
The Belle Brigade – “Where Not To Look For Freedom”
CULTS – “Go Outside”
O.A.R. – “Heaven”
Mat Nathanson – “Faster”
The Civil Wars – “Barton Hollow”
Fleet Foxes – “Grown Ocean”
little hurricane – “Get By”
DAWES – “Time Spent In Los Angeles”
Brett Dennen – “Can’t Stop Thinking”
Pepper – “Wake Up”
Sublime with Rome ft. Wiz Khalifa – “Can You Feel It”
I love new music Tuesday and today is a great one as O.A.R. release “Heaven,” the first single off their upcoming album King. Thrilled the fellas are back with not only a great new song but their seventh studio album which drops August 2. Check out THIS link for the making of King.
And if you find yourself in Vegas this weekend, check them out at Red Rock Casino, performing quasi-poolside.