My jaw is still on the floor scouring this lineup and seeing the insane amount of talent performing at Glastonbury this June 28-30. I mean just read through this thing a bunch of times. Sure The Rolling Stones, Mumford & Sons, Arctic Monkeys, Dizzee Rascal, Primal Scream, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Elvis Costello, The Vaccines, Kenny Rogers, Ben Howard, Rita Ora, Rufus Wainwright, Jake Bugg, Haim, First Aid Kit all on the Pyramid Stage is enough to get most anyone to buy a ticket but just look at the Other Stage and the John Peel Stage.
Just take it all in.
TGIF, March Madness edition only because MUSE’s “Madness” is the official song for the NCAA coverage of the basketball pandemonium.
- Did you see that Prince is going on tour? Dropped in the evening a couple nights ago, dates appeared and if you live in Las Vegas, get set for four show opportunities (early and late show each night) April 26-27 at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- The Chicago Tribune leaked out a handful of acts/headliners for Lollapalooza this summer which includes Mumford & Sons, The Killers, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, The Postal Service and The National.
- Neon Reverb is going on this weekend in Las Vegas! Make sure to check out the schedule and head to Beauty Bar and The Bunkhouse for some awesome music.
- Shout out to American Eagle for using Wild Cub’s “Thunder Clatter” in their new video. Those fellas are about to blow up! Stoked for that to happen.
- Excited for Record Store Day? You should be. Check out all these releases that are coming on 4/20.
Check out the new music video for Mumford & Sons’ “Whispers In The Dark.” You may need to video it four times to get it all down .
Well the wait is over and after nearly an hour of Weird Al’s telethon style releasing on Bonnroo365, here is the first portion of the Bonnaroo 2013 lineup. Get ready for the Farm, June 13-16. and a word to the wise, head in as early as you can because you don’t want to miss a full Thursday.
Another year of GRAMMY Awards have come and gone. So much great music highlighted from the past year and of course a ton of great performances. I’m also a fan of LL Cool J as the host, hopefully they bring him back for a third year. So how about some ramblings from the show.
- If you’ve ever seen Bruno Mars live you know what to expect from him and his band but their performance was just sick. Sting singing a verse to “Locked Out of Heaven,” finally a tip of the hat to the Police influenced track and Rihanna joining the party with Ziggy and Damian Marley for a great tribute to Bob Marley. My favorite performance of the night.
- Wow, what a great way to pay tribute to the late, great Levon Helm. Elton John, Mumford & Sons, Mavis Staples, Zac Brown, Alabama Shakes singer Brittany Howard and T Bone Burnett, wonderful performance.
- Justin Timberlake with the band and orchestra, a tip of the hat and that I have to say overshadowed Jay-Z guesting for me.
- How cool was the rain during the fun. performance? So stoked to see those guys jump to stardom but every time I see Nate Ruess I am reminded of The Format, man do I miss that band.
- Mumford & Sons, well at least the escalated from that rickety little stage from a couple years ago.
- The Lumineers I sure hope they are the Mumford of two years ago and just reach new heights after the GRAMMY Awards. Let’s see how many units they move in the next week.
- The Black Keys with Dr. John and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band was just simply rocking. Seen Dan Auerbach and Dr. John together but that collection of musicians, whoa.
- Ed Sheeran getting to share the stage with Elton John, well done young man.
- Jack White, a tip of the hat to you!
- Frank Ocean, wish they would have had him perform earlier in the show.
- LL Cool J, Chuck D, Z-Trip and Travis Barker – I’d love to see an entire concert with these four.
- Was there an over/under on how many times they would show Taylor Swift? And is there one song she didn’t sing along to?
- Is it odd that I thought of The Hunger Games when they showed Carrie Underwood’s dress? All it needed to do was catch fire!
- Anyone else think John Mayer in the purple tux belonged in Alice in Wonderland and could have fit in the Taylor Swift performance?
- I guess people know who Miguel is now. A tip of the hat to @TonyDasco who’s been all about Miguel for two plus years.
- Prince, he’s got to be up to something if he made an appearance. I just wonder what. I remember when he had his residency in Vegas, he would show up to one of the nightclubs I worked with an then have the curtains closed around him. Odd then, odd now but still one of the greatest musicians/performers ever.
- Did Kimbra and her ‘I’m not sure what she was wearing’ rival Bjork and her swan dress?
- The other performances, meh. Or did I miss a great one?
Oh and the awards. Here you go.
TGIF and I’m back with a Five For Friday. Been a crazy start to the year and I’ve slacked on getting out some awesome nuggets of music news, new music, concerts and general info.
- This weekend in Vegas is going to be rocking with live music. If you had your sights set on the Imagine Dragons show, and feeling bummed since it’s sold out; head over to Vinyl at the Hard Rock Hotel where Band of Skulls will be raging in the intimate room. I promise they will bring it and so should you.
- The Grammy Awards are this weekend, don’t miss out as there are going to be some amazing performances. If you recall a couple years ago Mumford & Sons, The Avett Brothers and Bob Dylan all jammed together and look at what that did to propel M&S and TAB to the next level. This year all eyes are on fun. and The Lumineers even though there are countless other amazing musicians performing.
- Speaking of Mumford & Sons, did you see the announced this year’s Gentlemen of the Road tour? Catch the US dates and see performances by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Alabama Shakes, fun., Those Darlins, The Vaccines, Half Moon Run, Bear’s Den, Willy Mason and Old Crow Medicine Show.
- Monday, February 11 head over to ghostbar at Palms where Vegas’ own, Dizzy Wright will be performing as part of Red Bull’s Red Monday presents. If you want to see the next big thing in hip-hop, you’ll be there.
- Next Saturday, February 16 if you are in Las Vegas make sure you head to Beauty Bar where Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Foxygen will be jamming. This is definitely a show you do not want to miss. Trust me.
Busy Tuesday morning in Festival land where Sasquatch (Washington), Sweetlife (Maryland) and Shaky Knees (Georgia) all released their festival lineups! Take a look at the below lineup posters and start your festival road trip planning!