Back from a disappearing act for a little bit with a Five For Friday to get your weekend kicking into drive.
- Last weekend I attended the Treasure Island Music Festival in San Francisco. Wow, what an incredible and intimate venue with 15,000 of my closest friends and ridiculously amazing views of SF. Tucked away on this little island, the music was rocking, the food was delicious and the crowd was just perfect. Highlights for me were easily Los Campensinos!, Dirty Ghosts, The War on Drugs, Public Enemy, Hospitality, M83 and Wild Belle. Food wise, shout out to John Fink of The Whole Beast – great to see you again and your Lamb Poutine was insane!
- Really digging the band Deap Vally, check out “Gonna Make My Own Money”
- If you’re in Vegas tonight, two awesome rising acts and you should see one – Kendrick Lamar is at Hard Rock Café on The Strip (I saw him this summer at Bonnaroo and he killed it), throwback rockers The Sheepdogs are at Vinyl inside the Hard Rock Hotel (these fellas seriously are amazing).
- Die Antwoord released the official video for “Fatty Boom Boom.”
- “Its a long way to the top if you want to rock & roll.”